Your Donations Support
Cimarron Opera Theatre Camp Est. 1996: Every summer for approximately 4 weeks, youth between the ages of 9-18 have the opportunity to train and rehearse under the tutelage of Cimarron professionals. The camp culminates with performances of a shortened version of the Summer Operetta
Summer Operetta Popular for the Norman community and surrounding area, Cimarron Opera presents an entertaining weekend of comedy, theatrics and vocals.
Scholastic Opera Tour Providing more than 10,000 Oklahoma children touring children’s opera and specialized performances throughout the state of Oklahoma to communities and schools.
Salon Series Redefining opera for our audiences by presenting works in new and innovative ways for small audiences in intimate settings.
Cimarron Ensemble Singers perform in an array of public venues in Norman and the surrounding area, as well as private events.
Festival of Spirituals Est. 1970: Founded by the late Thomas and Carol Brice Carey to keep aspects of African American heritage alive, a selection of new and familiar spirituals are presented by community and student singers.
For those looking to play an important role in securing Cimarron Opera’s future artistic excellence, a planned or deferred gift is the ultimate way to help. Most planned and deferred gifts will be applied to the Opera’s permanent endowment fund, ensuring that your initial gift has an impact for many years into the future.
Planned gifts not only benefit Cimarron Opera , but they can also greatly benefit you through tax savings. Depending on the option that you choose, you can receive cash payments that can supplement retirement income or provide support for family members and friends.
Planned giving options include:
- A bequest is the easiest and most meaningful way to provide for Cimarron Opera future. A bequest is a gift made through your estate. It may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of the estate, or a remainder after other distributions have been made.
- In exchange for cash or assets the Opera agrees to pay a fixed sum of money to the donor for the duration of the donor’s life, after which the remainder is left to Cimarron Opera’s Endowment.
- Transfer your assets into a trust, which pays income to you (or other designated beneficiaries) until the trust terminates and the remaining principal is left to benefit Cimarron Opera.
By establishing a planned gift with Cimarron Opera Company, you would become part of The Encore Society. The Encore Society will be composed of donors who have provided for Cimarron Opera in their will or other estate plans. Each season, Encore Society members will convene for a special dinner and dress rehearsal. Let us know that you have provided for Cimarron Opera in your estate plans and we will invite you to this special reception.
Special Events ( Fundraisers )
Thematic or seasonal concerts and/or gala events to raise money for Cimarron
- Evenings to Remember (Home for the Holidays) – intimate dinners for donors with operatic entertainment hosted in homes.
- Villains of the Opera and other thematic opera gala events
Opera a la Carte
- Fee-based entertainment for non-fundraising social events (birthdays, anniversaries, parties) in homes or other venues.
Individual Donor Levels and Benefits:
Benefits of Patron Level +
Special Mention in Curtain Speeches
Benefits of Benefactor Level +
VIP Access to Opening Night Events
4 Tickets to Cimarron Opera Productions
Benefits of Supporter Level +
2 Tickets to Cimarron Opera Production
Benefits of Associate Level +
Listing in Newsletter Printed Newsletter
Associate $50-99 Benefits of Friend Level + Listing in Program
Friend $25-49 E-newsletter
It’s easier than ever to donate securely online. Cimarron Opera now accepts secure online one-time or recurring donations.
Other Corporate and/or Individual Giving Opportunities
In-Kind You can support Cimarron Opera through a wide array of non-cash donations. Below is a list of examples of items and services that would be of great use to the company. Unique promotional opportunities can be arranged for these tax-deductible in-kind gifts.
Special Events Auction items, Services, Hotel Rooms, Airline Miles or tickets
Office Office Supplies, Office furniture, Computers and software upgrades
Production Costume and Set Shop Space, Performance Venue, Lumber, Sewing Supplies, Food for Opera Camp, Opening Night Receptions and Fundraising Events, Dry Cleaning Services, Car Rental, Truck Rental