EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH:
Cimarron Opera is seeking an Executive Director to
● serve as chief administrative officer of the company;
● facilitate the company’s artistic staff; and
● represent the company to broader communities.
Cimarron Opera is particularly interested in strengthening the financial and fundraising aspects of the foregoing roles. The successful applicant will
● possess a college degree and/or have 5 years experience in non-profit management or a related artistic field;
● be able to use technology for communication, advertising, grant-writing, and accounting (Cimarron has used Quickbooks); and
● be skilled at communicating with, and providing leadership for, artists, members of the company’s Board of Directors, volunteers, patrons, and the broader community.
Due to budgetary constraints, we are only able to offer a 20 hour a week position at this time. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PO Box 1085, Norman, OK73070.
Cimarron Opera’s mission is to provide aspiring performing artists and creative technicians a forum for their talents and opportunities to gain valuable training and stage experience, while providing cultural enrichment and education to various audiences across the state and beyond.
In the spring of 1975, Thomas Carey and Carol Brice Carey founded the Church Circuit Opera Company, which was renamed Cimarron Circuit Opera Company in 1981. Thomas Carey and Carol Brice Carey were renowned international performers and professors of music at the University of Oklahoma who sought opportunities for aspiring artists to sing on stage. They also hoped to bring superior operative productions to Oklahoma. The artistic spirit of the Cimarron Circuit Opera Company’s founders continue to provide inspiration to succeeding artists and directors.